Community Carer Worker – 8am – 8pm – 4 Days on/4 Days off – Covering East Kent Area
Hilton Nursing Partners are a revolutionary healthcare provider who pride themselves in delivering high quality person centred services. Our organisation is growing in scope and size and we are currently working in partnership with the NHS and community services to provide our “Home to Decide” service.
Hilton Nursing Partners believe every person has the right to return to their own home after a stay in Hospital, so our Nurse-led Home to Decide model enables patients to have the opportunity to have a say in their future, to live independently and be included in the decision-making process.
Home to Decide supports patients in coming home to see if they are able to remain in their own homes. This is via a 2-week pathway, whereby the first 72 hours a 24-hour wrap around care service is provided over day and night by our Personal Nursing Assistants. This enables the team to establish a clearer picture of the Patient’s needs, seeing a decrease in calls after this time.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to work within this service. You will be working as a Personal Nursing Assistant (PNA) who will ensure patients are safe, while providing them with person centred care.
You don’t need to have had experience of health and social care, but you do need to have compassion and a positive attitude.
You will be required to work some day shifts mainly for training and personal development.
Being a Hilton Nursing Partner means being part of an ‘OUTSTANDING’ team dedicated to delivering high quality person centred care and always demonstrating the Hilton Nursing Partner values:
- Compassion – Our support is based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Innovation – We look beyond established ways and systems of supporting patients
- Courage – We challenge ourselves and those we support in order to optimise patient outcomes
- Enabling Choice – We support patients in order to maximise their future life choices
- Trust – We work in partnership with patients, colleagues and other professionals based on open and honest communication
Hilton Nursing Partners understands that to deliver these innovative responsive services, it is essential to have a workforce that feels valued and supported. In addition, we understand that all our partners have insights and ideas that can help to develop and improve our services and organisation.
CQC recognised this in their 2018 report, stating ‘The service was exceptionally well-led. The provider and registered manager and management team promoted strong values and a person centred culture. Staff were proud to work for the service and were supported in understanding the values of the service. These were owned by all and underpinned practice.’
What does a Hilton Personal Nursing Assistant need to be?
- Dedicated to provide the right care for each individual patient.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner.
- Able to quickly build trusting relationships with patients, families and other professionals.
- Enjoy working within a strong team but also confident working independently.
- Calm and good at problem solving, and happy to ask for support and advice.
- Organised and able to plan for the day considering changing priorities.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and develop to meet challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Needs to have a current driving licence and own car
Benefits of being a Hilton Nursing Partner include:
- Becoming part of an expanding organisation with a culture driven by the goal to provide positive patient experiences.
- Working in a friendly and professional environment.
- 2 week induction with excellent ongoing support and opportunities for future learning, development and career progression.
- Guaranteed 4 day rolling rota (additional flexible shifts may become available)
- Pension scheme and share options at 12 months.
- Refer a friend scheme of £250
- Paid Mileage
- Additional annual leave with service recognition
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person to become part of this unique organisation and contribute to its increasing success.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS check