Community Lead Nurse– Home to Decide Model
Salary to be negotiated
Full Time – Monday to Friday
Hilton Nursing Partners are very excited to be setting up our well-established Home to Decide service in West London and are looking for a Lead Nurse to oversee a newly recruited team of Registered Nurses and Occupational Therapist in establishing this innovative and one of its kind service into the London area, with the view to expand further.
This service sees patients that have been in the hospital for a long period of time and are on the verge of needing possibly residential home placements. Pathways are created to enable them to come home and decide with us and social services whether it can work at home and allows them time to settle within their own environment.
This model supports one patient over a 2-week pathway, whereby the first 72 hours a 24-hour wrap around care service is provided over day and night. This enables the team to establish a clearer picture of the Patient’s needs, seeing a decrease in calls after this time.
The Management of your team will see Registered Nurses and Occupational Therapists manage the needs of the patient from co-ordination of discharge through to the end point of recommendations to Social Services.
We are looking for an experienced nurse, who has the confidence to work automatously and is a good decision maker. You will provide a high-level support to your team and provide Senior Management with advice on service improvement, always looking to better the service through innovation and to better patients experience.
Being a Hilton Nursing Partner means being part of an ‘OUTSTANDING’ team dedicated to delivering high quality person centred care and always demonstrating the Hilton Nursing Partner values:
- Communication How we communicate effectively with our partners.
- Respect How we show respect for our partners.
- Teamwork How we work within our teams, including internal and external partners.
- Quality How we ensure that we are working to a high standard.
- Partnership How we represent Hilton Nursing Partners and work with others to maintain high quality care.
To thrive in this role you will need to be:
- Registered Nurse with the NMC
- Previous managerial experience
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, while continually remaining professional
- Ability to build trusting relationships with patients, families and other professionals
- Highly organised with the ability to work autonomously and adapt to changing priorities
- Calm and good at problem solver
- Able to demonstrate accountability for decision- making and compliance with agreed ways of working
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and develop while maintaining challenges
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the organisation
- Dedicated in supporting a team to deliver person-centred plans
- Competent in assessing capacity and understanding of positive risk management to promote dignity and choice
Benefits of being a Hilton Nursing Partner include:
- Becoming part of an expanding organisation with a culture driven by the goal to provide positive patient experiences
- Being a part of the first team to implement this service in the London area with the view to expand it further.
- Working in a friendly and professional environment
- Comprehensive induction with excellent ongoing support and opportunities for future learning, development and career progression
- Staff benefits including pension scheme and share options at 12 months
- Refer a friend scheme for £250 each
- Paid travel
- Annual reimbursement fee to be a part of the DBS Update service – which is personally transferable and Professional Registration fees
- Tablet and mobile phone
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person to become part of this unique organisation and contribute to its increasing success.
To find out more about the role, please call 01233 32111 and select option 2 for an informal discussion.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check as part of the pre-employment checks.