Personal Nursing Assistant – Night Team – North Kent
Alternate start times of 7pm/8pm – 7am/8am
£22, 524 per annum
4 Nights on and 4 Nights off
Hilton Nursing Partners are a revolutionary healthcare provider who pride themselves in delivering high quality person centred services. Our organisation is growing in scope and size and we are currently working in partnership with the NHS and community services to provide the Discharge to Assess service.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to work within this service. You will be working as a Personal Nursing Assistant (PNA) in a team of nights PNAs who will support the day staff in ensuring all our patients have been seen once discharged from hospital, ensuring they are safe, while providing them with person centred care. You will respond to any patients needs over the night period and include the on-call staff if required. It will be an exciting new challenge where each day is different and your actions have a big impact on people’s lives.
You don’t need to have had experience of health and social care, but you do need to have compassion and a positive attitude. We support patients at home following discharge using a model of person centred care. The patients are then assessed for their future needs by a Hilton Assessor. We work proactively with other ‘partners’ (the Hilton team, patient’s family and friends, community services and other professionals) to promote independence and wellbeing in all aspects of their lives.
You will be required to work some day shifts mainly for training and personal development.
Being a Hilton Nursing Partner means being part of an ‘OUTSTANDING’ team dedicated to delivering high quality person centred care and always demonstrating the Hilton Nursing Partner values:
- Communication How we communicate effectively with our partners.
- Respect How we show respect for our partners.
- Teamwork How we work within our teams, including internal and external partners.
- Quality How we ensure that we are working to a high standard.
- Partnership How we represent Hilton Nursing Partners and work with others to maintain high quality care.
Hilton Nursing Partners understands that to deliver these innovative responsive services, it is essential to have a workforce that feels valued and supported. In addition, we understand that all our partners have insights and ideas that can help to develop and improve our services and organisation.
CQC recognised this in their 2018 report, stating ‘The service was exceptionally well-led. The provider and registered manager and management team promoted strong values and a person centred culture. Staff were proud to work for the service and were supported in understanding the values of the service. These were owned by all and underpinned practice.’
What does a Hilton Personal Nursing Assistant need to be?
- Dedicated to provide the right care for each individual patient.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner.
- Able to quickly build trusting relationships with patients, families and other professionals.
- Enjoy working within a strong team but also confident working independently.
- Calm and good at problem solving, and happy to ask for support and advice.
- Organised and able to plan for the day considering changing priorities.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and develop to meet challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Needs to have a current driving licence and own car
Benefits of being a Hilton Nursing Partner include:
- Becoming part of an expanding organisation with a culture driven by the goal to provide positive patient experiences.
- Working in a friendly and professional environment.
- 2 week induction with excellent ongoing support and opportunities for future learning, development and career progression.
- Guaranteed 4 day rolling rota (additional flexible shifts may become available)
- Pension scheme and share options at 12 months.
- Refer a friend scheme of £250
- Paid Mileage
- Additional annual leave with service recognition
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person to become part of this unique organisation and contribute to its increasing success.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS check.